marți, 9 august 2016

Vikings - quotes season 1

                  
  
 
  
  








 


 The earl decides.He owns the ships.He will send us to the east,as always,to the Baltic lands.But I want to know what is to the west.What cities and gods are over there. See,I am not satisfied … with this.Odin gave his eye to acquire knowledge.But I would give far more.



 

I went to confess my love to her.But I was set upon by a bear and an enormous hound who guarded her home.I killed the bear with my spear and I managed to strangle the hound with my bare hands. And that is how I gained her hand in marriage.


You couldn’t  kill me if you tried for a hundred years.

I joke about many things,son of Ragnar, but never about ship building.Do you imagine ships are just dead things?


Don’t worry.We’ll soon be as rich as dwarves!





‘’Just stories’’.
All things begin and end as stories.



If any harm befalls my children, I will tear the lungs out of your body,priest.




Understand this! A war band lives and dies together.If you cannot trust the men to either side of you, or in front of you … you are already a dead man.


Are these pagans not men, like we are?Do they not bleed when they are cut?Or do they have wings and tongues of fire?



-Ask me a question.

-Are the signs threatening?

-Yes.There is a quarrel.There will be violence,bones and skulls broken.I see that.







-Does he desire to be earl?

-If he kills you,will it not be so?

-Do the gods speak?

-Do they ever stop?



Stay strong.Be ready.

I want you to ask for a meeting with the earl.And when you meet him,challenge him to a personal combat.With me.Tell him,if he refuses,shame will stalk him for the rest of his life.And Odin will never permit him into Valhalla.


Never fight unless you know the odds are in your favor.That is our way.



-I said no.

-But why?

-Because I said so.Don’t be too impatient to put yourself in danger.

-But you cannot alter my fate!

-You sound like your uncle,when he doesn’t know what to say.


They have ships that can cross the oceans,but also sail up rivers.What  manner of men are these?


 

-That’s just a story.

-Our whole lives are just stories.



We wait until the odds are in our favor.

Our lives are fated,Gyda.We all have to accept that.


When we reach Uppsala, we shall ask the gods why they give with one hand,but take away with other?


I will be happy enough just to have my name linked with yours when the poets tell the story of how we,norsemen,sailed west and discovered new worlds.






This is Thor,holding his hammer,Mjollnir. Who hasn’t heard him beating his anvil in the storms?Who doesn’t believe in mighty Thor,slayer of frost and fire?



It’s sometimes better not to know one’s fate.


Every piece of land has a price,just like every human.




 
-I’ve had strange and disturbing dreams.

-What happens in your dreams?

-Dark  shapes come to me at night. Monstrous forms.When I wake,they skulk in the shadows, shapeless.But no sooner am I asleep than they creep forward again.

-Ah,yes.The shadows come from Hell’s hall. No one can ensnare them,not even the gods.

-What is it that they want?

-To take something from you.

-My life?

-No,something far more important to you than that.






Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu