vineri, 2 septembrie 2016

Vikings - quotes season 3



                       





-It is the way of prophecy.Only to be understood when it has happened and it is too late to change it.

-When will I die?

-Frigg,the wife of Odin, has already made a decision.But it has not yet been vouchsafed for me.Come back another day, Earl and shield-maiden, and perhaps I may tell you exactly the moment of your death.



 

Power is always dangerous.It attracts the worst.And corrupts the best.I never asked for power. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up.





-We are such a happy family.
-And what is wrong with that, Floki?

- Families are not happy.Name me one family which is happy.
- Ragnar's.
- Which one?




I would say, let no man mock another over what touches many men.Time and again the wise are fettered by beauty.They ache with love-longing. Lucky are the fools like you,Torstein, who remain unmoved and free.





The more complicated a person is, the more interesting he is.But at the same time, the more dangerous he is.




(before battle) Some of us will not see a dawn like this again.Not here on Midgard, at any rate.






My gods are as real as you and me.Thay laugh.They bleed.They rush around the skies.



 

We fight.This is how we live and this is how we die.






-What limits did Odin put upon his curiosity?

-Who can say?

-Exactly.So unless I seek out those limits, I cannot say that I have honored his spirit.



 


 Pray to Freya.Freya will comfort you as she comforts me.We women bear heavy burdens.But it is not to be helped. And even when we are dealt with harshly, remember, it is the gods who have woven our destinies.Not ourselves.




-He (priest) says you will go to hell not heaven.

-That is not your decision to make.









Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu