marți, 4 octombrie 2016

Vikings - quotes season 4


                     

 
It is unwise to imagine the death of kings.




 


We may meet again.After all, everything that goes around, finally comes around.

 






I want you to be free.Not just protected, but free.To be yourself.I can imagine that you have never been free in your whole life.Not since you were born.Being a princess made it all the worse.You’ve lived in a gilded cage.But a cage all the same.


We are all sinful.Ever since we were thrown out of Paradise.That is our burden.


-I cannot stop thinking about death.Death intrigues me.The death of children.The death of friends.But my own death continues to elude me.In my world, it is believed that the day of your death is fated.Would you like to know the day of your death?
-In my world, you must have a life worth living before you can even consider death.


We have one life.So go and live it.


Fame won’t make your small kingdom any bigger.



Think you, Lord,  (…) that I do not dream, in the dead of light, of returning to your light and the promises of heaven?Am I not a man like other man?And yet, I would sup with the devil if he can show me how to achieve my earthly goals.Your kingdom, Lord, as you have said, is not of this world, but my kingdom is.
 


-You don’t trust me.
-I have no reason to trust you.You have told me of your ambitions.
-I will never give you any cause to kill me.
-That is not for you to say.I may find cause where others may not.Who knows?



I advise you to keep your friends very close, for some of them will die only too soon.And the others… The others will betray you.

 

You belong both to the earth and to the sea.


Don’t waste your time looking back.You are not going that way.


 
The space between life and death.That’s where we are the most alive.


Up onto the overturned keel.
Clamber,with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean spray…
And your death is on its way.



-So many women.Who’d have thought.They’re as brave as the men.
-Sometimes they are much braver than the men.And the most fierce,her name is Lagertha.



It may be true that things have changed.Life is all about change, is it not?If we don’t change, we fall behind.What was once true, and real, is suddenly no longer true, no longer real.And sometimes we have to accept that.



-I learned from my father.The only way to tell if something is real is to sail there.I hope you’ll come with me,Floki.
-Are you joking?The lure of an imaginary land.Traveling somewhere that doesn’t exist… Of course I am coming!(laughs)
-And I hope you’ll come too, Helga.
-Well, if Floki is mad enough to go, then I guess I will follow.


Who wants to be king?




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu